Project Linus National Headquarters
PO Box 1548
Belton, MO 64012-1108
PROJECT LINUS…………DID YOU KNOW? (2019)
Here are some interesting facts and figures about Project Linus:
* Karen Loucks started Project Linus on December 24, 1995. The Chapter began in .
* Project Linus nationally has been alive for 8,409 days as of January 1, 2019.
* Project Linus National has had nonprofit status since May 12, 1997.
* The Chapter of Project Linus donated blankets in 2017. Since we started, we have delivered blankets!
* Project Linus nationally has officially collected over 7,302,762 blankets as of January 1, 2019. If 70% of them are fabric (30% fleece), assuming each one is 3 yards, that translates into over 15,335,799 yards of fabric. If 30% are afghans, based on 6 skeins per blanket, that is over 13,144,968 skeins of yarn.
* If each blanket is an average of 60″ long, and we laid them end to end, they would stretch 36,513,810 feet or 6,915 miles. That is as tall as 1,258 Mt. Everest’s, or
20,560 One World Trade Centers or 29,211 Empire State Buildings or as long as 92,680 football fields!
* Assuming each delivered blanket so far had a label, the cost for labels would be
* As of January 1, 2018, Project Linus has about 294 chapters in the United
States. We have 295 wonderful, compassionate coordinators.
* If each of our 295 wonderful compassionate coordinators donates an average of 20 hours per week to their chapter, that would mean about 1,040 hours per year each. And that’s just coordinators!
* Think you’re not making a financial contribution to Project Linus? How much money is your time worth? Even at minimum wage ($8/hr), 20 hours per week is a salary of $8,320 in donated time per year, per coordinator. If you are talking about 295 wonderful, compassionate coordinators, it is a value of $2,454,400 per year.